Oh, today is a strange one. Had weird dreams which had me dragging this morning (and, no: I’m not telling you what they were), and then I had to find my music, then get ready to run family around, then come back home to do something else before having to do more running . . ..
So, before you know it, it’s 10:15 and I haven’t written a word. Not to worry, because once I did get into writing it turned . . . lets just say ugly for one of the characters.
First, my song list–which took some time to put together. Today I was feeling a bit retro, and the music sort of felt it:
- This Magic Moment The Drifters
- Telstar The Tornadoes (Fun fact: this was the first #1 song in the US by a British band)
- I’m Gonna Make You Love Me Diana Ross and the Supremes with The Temptations
- River Deep Mountain High Tina Turner
- What’s Goin’ On Marvin Gaye
- Walk Away Renee The Left Banke
- I Only Want to Be With You Dusty Springfield
- Carrie Anne The Hollies
- Go All the Way The Raspberries
- No Matter What Badfinger
- Isn’t Life Strange? The Moody Blues
- For My Lady The Moddy Blues
- Dancing Queen Abba (Wait–how’d this get in here?)
- Don’t Look Back Boston
Today’s writing was pure nightmare fuel, and there was a lot of action in the 745 words I produced in 52 minutes. Not a lot, yeah, but I wasn’t going for quantity. Action is hard to write because you want to keep it moving, you want it to convey everything that is happening without writing every little detail out. You want it to flow and read cinematicly, and that takes time and that means a lowered word count.
But I got the scene I wanted. And there’s more to come.
Oh, is there more to come . . ..